Metal, Bimetal & Steel Bearings, Gap Bushing, Sintered Bronze Bushings strips, sheet, Metric(mm) / Imperial: contact us for details.
Bimetal bearings material is a wrapped bimetal bushing material consisting of a steel backing material and a bronze sliding layer.
Bimetal bearing is a low carbon steel plate as the matrix material, surface sintering CuPb10Sn10 or CuSn6Zn6Pb3 steel copper alloy products. The product is a bi-metal alloy bearing capacity of the strongest one, heavy vehicle balance bridge bushing, gasket; The slave wheel of a bulldozer; Automotive steel bushing, all used in this product. It is a widely used high – load low – speed sliding bearing.
What is bimetal bearing?
Bimetal sliding bearings are made from bronze and steel alloy. The soft bronze inner layer can provide good lubricating performance with oil grease, hard steel back can provide good support on the whole bearing and cut down the cost.
These bearings are primarily used for bearing arrangements where heavy loads have to be supported and where rotational or oscillating movements are relatively slow.
Why choose bimetal bearing?
- Maintenance-free operation
- Minimum wall thickness, minimum space requirements
- Accommodation of heavy loads
- Wide range of temperatures
- Good sliding properties
- Virtually no stick-slip
- High wear resistance
- These bearing can be applied with precision machining tooling
CuPb10Sn10 is a higher lead content giving it a better advantage for higher rotational speeds.
Wrapped composite sliding bearing material, Copper-plated or tin-plated steel sheets with a layer of lead bronze, DIN 1494 / ISO 3547, Maintenance-free, With lubrication pockets.
The bimetal bearings sliding layer has lubrication pockets that are also suitable for oil lubrication and thus allowing this bushing material to run at much higher rotational speeds.
Bimetal bearings material has a much longer working life.
Temperature range: -100 / +260 °C
Bimetal Bearings Material
Strip Size Metric / Imperial: Metric (mm)
Length: 500mm, Thickness (Sheets and Washers): mm
- 250mm x 500mm x 1mm sheet
- 250mm x 500mm x 1.5mm sheet
- 250mm x 500mm x 2mm sheet
- 250mm x 500mm x 2.5mm sheet
Special dimensions are available on request
According to the different standards of surface bronze sliding layer alloys material can be divided into high lead series, lead series, and lead-free series.
- Support material: Steel backed bearings copper-plated or tin-plated
- Sliding layer: CuPb10Sn10Availability Availability
- Sliding layer CuSn6Zn6Pb3 is also available
Bimetal bearings is a low-maintenance bushing material. An initial greasing during installation is necessary, after that periodic greasing with oil or grease is mandatory.
Bimetal bearing is used in track rollers, truck brakes, and agriculture machinery.
Technical Details Fof Bimetal Bearings
- Specific load capacity static≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic≤ 140 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed≤ 2.5 [m/s]
- Friction value0.04 [µ] to 0.12 [µ]
- Temperature strain– 40 [°C] to + 250 [°C]
- Max. PV-value2.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Percentage contact area > 75 [%]
Bimetal Sliding layer: CuPb10Sn10
|（Tensile strength）σb (MPa)
|（The yield strength）σ (MPa)
|（Elongation） δ5 (%)
Bimetal Bearing Design
1. Standard cylindrical bearing, flange, thrust washers, and strips are available.
2. Special designed bimetal bearing is also available
Standard materials for plain bearings
Bimetal Bearings Thickness tolerance between inner hole machining and non-machining